Wednesday, September 19, 2007

[coffee shop love]



if it wasn't enough that my incredible husband is taking 14 graduate level credits this semester, he's now joined the ranks as a new employee of none other than...drum roll please.....starbucks. (i guess the logo may have given it away!)

that's right folks... peter is the new official barista in the family. ;) i'm eager to hear how his first day went- i'm hoping we won't be served with any sort of lawsuit claiming the coffee was "too hot"... (the risk you take i guess)

well, in any case, i'll let peter tell you how his first day REALLY went... but in the meantime, I thought I'd update you all on my job situation.

Although it has been incredibly difficult these past few weeks, to stay encouraged and positive, I have found incredible grace and comfort in our Sovereign Lord. That's not to say it hasn't been a extreme test of faith and patience...trust me... it has. My days lately seem to be filled with tears of fear, worry, anxiety, and just lack of control. It's hard to rely on God for a job, but then again, who better to rely on...right?

I think the Lord really wanted to teach me that sometimes life is tough, uncertain, and just plain ol' nasty. (not to sound like a downer, but it's the truth isn't it?) That realization has been incredibly humbling. Especially the time peter and i stood in line for over two hours with the poor in our community for a few free grocery's last week. if that doesn't get you, i don't know what will.

nonetheless... the funny thing is, i wouldn't change a thing, because God's teaching us to rely on Him. He's teaching us that blessings truly do come from him..as well as hardships. But like Paul says in
2 Corinthians 12:10 "That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." Amen Paul... Amen! I know God is big enough to provide me just the right job at just the right time... and that's where my (our) hope lies. Until then, Peter and I just keep looking to the cross.

we love you! and thank you all for your consistent prayers in this mattter. please know that we appreciate them all.

No comments: